Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Well I have some reflections about the word Do...I will admit that sometimes I struggle with this word.  My earthly flesh says, I have a 4 year degree I should be doing something more with my life than changing baby diapers for almost minimal wage.  I have always loved babies and still do, but I guess when I graduated high school I never aspired to go to college and get a job at a daycare.  What I did aspire to do was to be where God would have me be doing what He would have me do, i just never thought it would be that.  But twice in my life I have prayed for a job to be sent to me, and bada bing bada boom...daycare infant room both times.  As much as my flesh beats me up over it at times, my spirit is at peace.  God provided every job I have had- the bank, the biotechnology lab, substitute teaching, daycare, church, and everytime I learn something more of Him.  I would say that daycare has been the most humbling, afterall just the pay alone will humble you, infact I made more money per hour at 2 different jobs with a high school diploma than I do today with a degree. 

but i lack no good thing. 

There are 2 verses that have kept me over the past 2 1/2 years:

Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men, since you know that you will recieive an inheritance form the Lord as a reward.  It is the Lord Christ you are serving.  Colossians 3:23-24.

Do everything in love. 1 Corinthians 16:14

So over the past 2 1/2 years I have rocked, prayed for,  fed, burped, changed diapers and clothes, played with, tickled, laughed with and on somedays could have really cried with just over 30 babies and toddlers and this only includes daycare- not children's minstry at foster street.  there have been a lot of days I have to keep reminding myself that I am serving Christ not man, especially on days they keep piling things on my "to do list" and "make sure you"....list.  So where and what does the future hold, I cannot say, but I can say that God is Good and one day when I have babies of my own- I will know what products are good to use haha.   
   Brandon shared this song with me this evening...click on the link and take a listen to it.  It helped to remind me of this verse :)

http://stevencurtischapman.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment