Wednesday, May 11, 2011

slight confession

I have a confession to make about an addiction....well thats a really strong word...eh....more of a fetish.  yes a fetish that is what we will call it- with something.  well not just anything...but something I have grown to like and like a weed has overtaken.  and that thing is...is well...fabric.  I know...I know its not shoes....its not clothes...or something productive like cleaning. ha. but its a little something in this life that makes me smile. 

B always makes fun of me, because its not just any fabric but its fabric on sale....scraplings i call them from hobby lobby...I LOVE to look through the fabric that was cut away and just isn't enough to make much.  I am super in love with it if its a pattern out front...and then go to my little 4 shelves and find a piece of it there...on sale...and like 1.97 

What do I do with the fabric...eh make baby bibs in my not so often spare time...and I dream big plans for the fabric, but just haven't yet put it to use haha, other than collecting them.  

I would really like to go through a lot of OLD fabric.  I bought this piece of fabric @ the liberty antiques festival...paid a pretty penny for it, but my plans are to make pillow slipcovers....or a simple small curtain...or something else out of it.  But the fabric use to be old feed/seed bags, or flour sacks.  I fell in love with the cover and pattern...



I have a project plan to sew together an apron to hold my clothes pins when I can finally hang clothes out on a line outside when our house is ever done.  I like aprons for some reason, I have bought 2 and never used them...rarely use them...but I think they are cool.  

No comments:

Post a Comment