Thursday, May 12, 2011

regrets.

Okay folks, I try to live my life with as little regret as possible- although I don't think we know what we will regret until we have to regret it if that makes any sense.  But I do have one regret....that I didn't go see THE LION KING when it was in Durham.  I looked at tickets and they were going to be like expensive and well I am tight.  Just take a preview of this movie-- this would have been something to see- the people moving and in costume with the animals.  This is also my FAVORITE SONG and FAVORITE part of the whole movie.
If I do recall correctly- I sang this part for my Spanish class back in high school.  Even the teacher Sr. Cowan would request for me to do it again.  Hey what can I say...i'm that good haha.

When I was a kid my favorite movie was the Lion King and the Little Mermaid...I had the t-shirts anyways.  But in both of them I loved the vivid colors and moving music.   and pumba and timon were of course hilarious!  I still laugh at them.  I would always fast foward it through Mufassah's death and the fighting scene at the end....I just liked the good moments of the movie.  I didn't like watching Ursula either- when she first gets Ariel into her sea cave and all those people look like worms trying to get out.....

I think this is where my first love of Seagulls came about. 

I think now of people I know today that are just like these poor souls but instead of Ursula having them in bondage, they are held captive by Satan. 

both of these movies...and Milo and Otis were 3 movies that shaped my childhood.  The ongoing battle of good and evil and the Good always ended with the Victory. I am so glad that God has already won the victory for me and you.  


the lyrics of The circle of life...
just think about how much this means...

From the day we arrive on the planet
And blinking, step into the sun
There's more to see than can ever be seen
More to do than can ever be done
There's far too much to take in here
More to find than can ever be found
But the sun rolling high
Through the sapphire sky
Keeps great and small on the endless round
Sometimes when I am bored, or just think i've got life all figured out this song will come across my mind...and God made this world, this earthly world so awesome and in detail that if I were to try to expose myself to every wonderful part until the day I die- there would still be more left uncovered. 



No comments:

Post a Comment