Saturday, April 16, 2011

I think I have ADD...

Okay...I am going to self diagnose myself...I think I have a mild form of ADD... I never remember my brain being like this when I was younger- or when I didn't have much going on.  The crazy busy life and demands  I think have made my brain go into this mode haha.  Or atleast thats my excuse....I looked up the symptoms online (which I do a lot and rarely have what I think I have) but here are the symptoms that I think I have...Brandon will agree to them...you may to...
  •  Easily Distracted-Lets just have a 15 minute converstation and see if I finish anything statement I started)
  • Frequently misplaces things (All the time)
  • skips around while reading (I highly doubt I ever read the bible from cover to cover...i have tried...but end up page flippin)
  • Poor listening skills (please do not tell me your name, or something important if I am in thought)
  • constant motion (legs moving, fidgetiness)
  • impatient- working on this one.  I am patient with the kids but with daily life I am impatient.  I have always got to be in a hurry to get somewhere
  • often has piles of stuff- take a look at my desk
  • Difficulty falling asleep and coming awake- My most productive time is between 10:00pm-1:00am...just don't wake me before 8:30 in the morning
  • Periods of low energy (early in the am and in the afternoon)  My brain goes into what i like to call zombie mode
  • Startles Easily- Just ask anyone who has said "hey" to me while I am deep in thought....it normally ends in jumping and screaming like you came out from behind a door.
does anyone else think they have this?

Anyways....here's the deal I know I didn't have this a few years ago.. or atleast maybe I wasn't aware of it.  I honestly think it has been my brains way of surviving with the more that I put on my plate and the more I have people calling my name.  I remember the days of silence...and I will return to that....one "No" at a time.  I remember the days of not having to "Go" all the time. 

anyways over the next few months I am going to do some brain spring cleaning and go on a brain Spring break....I hope I haven't weirded anyone out with my diagnoses.  the same way it onset....iwill be the same way it will leave.     

1 comment:

  1. I think you just diagnosed me as well! I have all of those too! I wish I could go on a brain spring break, but I have put so much on my plate that I'll be busy until the first week of July. Btw, I like reading your blog...you have a great way of looking at things! :)

    ReplyDelete