Thursday, April 21, 2011

Sing it Stones.....

First off...hit play on this joker and chillax to the music while you read....
I don't know what all the verses are about...if there is any unappropriate language or meanings I am not aware of please forgive me....but my main point is this....You can't always get what you want.

Or atleast thats what I am learning.  you would think I would have this down pat by now....this seems to be the story of my life at daycare.  In my real life it seems to be that too...I may not get exactly what I want (more preferably when I want it)...but I definetly get what I need. Maybe I want too much. 

in my room the babies...they want-- and have different ways of showing it...much like we adults do :)   some want something and just go snatch it from their neighbor...some stand back and scream and cry waiting for you to give it to them.....some just forget it and move on to something else.  the more and more I am around babies and one year olds I find that we adults are not much more mature about not getting our way...we have just found different ways of showing it.  

The baby who wants a toy that a neighbor has and snatches it....or runs up to grab it as the neighbor was bending over to pick it up...yep adults you do it too.  You know that little bit of jealousy of Ha...I got  this before you did and I know you want it but you can't because its now MINE Bahahaha. ....special edition items...money items like new cars..."gotta do it first events" like weddings...having babies...and getting a better job. 

Then there are the babies who want something....and they can very welll walk over and pick it up themselves...but they will just stand back 5 feet from it and scream...I have never figured this out as to why they don't just go to it and enjoy playing with it....These folks are known to cause the scene....they have felt there has been an injustice and the others in the room should listen and obey to their command.  The injustice is more often than not that other people are not giving them what they want.

Then there is the baby who wants the toy...the others are playing with it...and  its like Oh well....let me see whatelse I can find....These peeps are content wherever they go and make do with what they have.  They let the other people enjoy their own life....and they live their own with contentment.

I know my 1:11 am ramblings are making no good sense....but today has been a day of remembering that I don't always get what I want ....but the Lord has definetly blessed me with more than I need.  

I am going to bed now...

1 comment:

  1. The song is mainly about drugs. But it's a great song, great lyrics. The wonderful thing about songs/poetry/art is that you can bend it to how you feel about your current situation. It's a wonderful thing. Go for it girl!

    ReplyDelete