Tuesday, April 12, 2011

one word I do not like...alarm.

Okay my last post was on my lovely seagulls....now onto somethings I cannot stand.  well....someTHING I cannot stand.  that is an alarm clock...or alarm of anykind.   My dear and lovely husband though LOVES alarms/alarm clocks.  When we were first married he overslept for work one morning...from then on it was 3 alarms all set to go off at the same time.  His alarm clock...his watch...and his cellphone. 

Early on (he does much better now and most days wakes up prior to them going off) but early on he would be in such a dead sleep that he would sleep through them...so I would have to kick him like a mule to wake him up....then he would hit snooze on yes all 3 alarms....9 minutes later it was the same torture again...the sound of horribleness.  Yes I am so thankful that the Lord provided another day for me...but this is how I prefer to wake up in the mornings...

I love to sleep in until I wake up....most of the time to the birds singing and chirping happily to the tune of "Ode to Joy"  I then stretch....smile....enjoy the comfort of the bed...then get up. 

Days that begin with the sound of the screeching alarm clock rendition of "Ode to Joy" begin like this....UGH...SNOOZE....just as I finally get over my bad attitude of the alarm clock interrupting my sleep it does it again.  I then unplug it from the wall in which it sounds like the alarm clock was bunched in the gut...and then stumble grumbily to the shower to start my day.

This is one thing I love about my hours at daycare...most days I am afforded the ability to sleep in...but I also stay up late working on stuff too...but I would rather be up late...than up early ;) 

1 comment:

  1. I have to have 1 alarm, my cell phone, that's it. I hear it, I get up. No biggie... My husband however, sets 2 of them (45 minutes early), then proceeds to hit snooze over and over until it is time for him to get up. Imagine the blaring every 5 minutes for 30 to 45 minutes (guess you *can* imagine it, huh?!). So, my point is, maybe it is a man thing?! :)

    ReplyDelete