Sunday, April 17, 2011

Wrong side of the BED.

We'll let me share with you some drama we have had going on in our house.

 When me and b were first married I never will forget we come home from our honeymoon and our house was a thousand degrees (AC broken the entire time we were in jamaica) we had been awake no lie for over 24 hours from flight times and layovers...and driving back home we got home right at 3 am.  We ROASTED in that upstairs apartment....at 4 in the morning I get the brainy Idea to DUH GO TO WALMART AND BUY A CIRCULATING FAN.  Well we get up and head to walmart to atleast run the AC in the truck and cool off...to realize to my un-truely-we- are-wanna-be small towners in Asheboro to realize Walmart is not open 24 hours...they are closed....until 6 am.  So we sleep in teh parking lot till time to open...I am so out of it I ask the lady where the fans are that do "this number"...and wave my hand back and forth like an Occilating fan does.  She of course didn't know what I was talking about so I described in my tired words and showed her again.  She then showed us some box fans and I found the one that moves right to left. 

Not sure what this guy is thinking videoing his fans...but I sure would have loved to have had them at 4 am.


Anyways...when we get home and turn the fans on Brandon gives his first husbandly protocol....pick one side of the bed....which ever side I wanted but I needed to pick it and stick with it.  Okay I say and take the left side.  Primarily because it was closest to the bathroom haha....

Well over the past few months we have really needed to get a new mattress...even when we flip it it sleeps horribly...on my side :) I feel springs jab me on my hip bone...rib cage...its wallered out where I toss and turn...and it feels like I am sleeping downhill.  I was just to the point the couch was much better....until one night B had his knee in my back and I couldn't sleep.  I moved to Brandon's side( he was smushing me and the knee in the back or ribs is just well difficult to go to sleep with)...turned on the lamp to read which normally for me is like a warm baby's bottle to an infant....I then after a few pages got REALLY sleepy....B's side was well much better...it felt like there was still cushioning on his springs...it wasn't wallered out I lay flat on my back....and I was on the right side to hang my "cooling foot" out when I get hot.  So I have broken Brandons one rule...pick one side and stick with it...so until we get a new mattress when our house is done...He has lost his side.    then hopefully I will reclaim my side on a new mattress that is closest to the bathroom :)  

1 comment: